Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Live the Life you Love

To everyone who reads this religiously, or in leiu of the news or as a procrastination tool, I sincerely apologize for my lack/poor quality of posts lately.  The good news is that it is because I have been having a lot of fun, and of course working really hard the past couple of weeks.  My last pay check was 86 hours in 2 weeks, and the second best part (the $$ being the first), is that I really love work.  I work with the greatest people ever, I serve the nicest people from all around the world, we have live music and quiz nights, and I have been learning to make yummy coffees and bartend.  It's quite the dream come true.  AND while I am not working I am dancing, responsibly enjoying cocktails with friends, laying on the beach, and hanging out with the best boyfriend ever.  THIS IS THE LIFE.

A few things that stand out:

  • Spending the day on the beach of Lake Wakatipu with Jeff and Sophie (my most amazing American bestie), eating ice cream and playing football. 
  • Going out on Sunday to celebrate a co-workers birthday only to be a table away from Elisabeth Moss (Peggy on Mad Men) (Sophie has a pic!)
  • Brainstorming for Jeff's Mom, Sister Laura, and Brother Tom's visit to New Zealand in 4 weeks!!  We are so excited, and we want to take them EVERYWHERE! so we must strategize and choose wisely.
  • Playing frisbee golf with Jeff and some work friends, and tripping over a root, and taking off a nice chunk of toe! AND performing really poorly at frolf.  It is so nice to be able to drink beers and play frolf in the middle of the park though.
  • The weather can vary from day to day, and last week it was cold enough for snow to fall on the really high mountain tops!  It was breathtaking and made me very anxious for winter here.
  • Jeff and I have been spending alot of time pondering whether to buy season passes for snowboarding or not.  Input is welcome!
  • I have been going to basketball everyweek, playing for Hilton's team Blue Thunder (not nearly as serious as it sounds) and we won last week! wahooo! Although, no one is as competitive as Jeff and I.
  • Joining the event center gym, where they have this amazing pool with waterfalls and a lazy river (and actual workout stuff too) and an adult hot pool... I can spend hours there without breaking a sweat hehe
  • Jeff is training for the Routeburn Classic, which is an annual run of over 30k up the mountain and back down.  It is going to be pretty intense so he has started training rpetty hard already.  You can click on the link to read more!
Sometimes I feel like life moves way too fast here, but its a good fast, the kind of fast I was looking for, and not the fast I was feeling at home.  Here I don't read as much as in Nelson and I find myself watching weeks wiz by and wondering where days have gone, but it's not because I was doing laundry or watching tv or sleeping, it's because I am swimming in the lake, hanging out with new friends, dancing on tables with Sophie, or eating ice cream with Jeff.  Sometimes I feel like I don't see Jeff a lot because he works days and I work night, but we have so much fun when we do hang out.  I can't wait to have life a little more settled so we can do some of the awesome hikes around here and get some proper pictures, but for now I will post some on my flickr and possibly on facebook.

Hope everyone is well at home, and I love hearing from you!!  Miss everyone, and hope you are keeping warm as February begins!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment